Curator: The Duende Box
Price: Rs. 930/-
I love subscription boxes. They feel like little gifts to myself. They often have products that I would not have splurged on myself and it feels good to receive some love. I have subscribed to plenty of book subscription boxes in the past. I was really intrigued when I discovered The Duende Box and their concept.
The Duende Box is a monthly art subscription box that collaborates with artists around the world and shares a box of art supplies. I loved their Instagram feed and saw that the December box was themed ‘florals’ and would be based around watercolor. I’m always trying my hardest to get back to art so watercolor seemed right up my alley and I wasted no time in subscribing to them.
The monthly boxes are curated with art and artists in mind. The featured artist of the month has their original art work in the box and also provides instructions on replicating the same. My December box with the theme ‘florals’ featured @that.crazy.doodler and here is what it contained-
- Original floral watercolor art work by Vinita, the artist of the month
- Instructions card on making watercolor florals
- Five different @camlin_official@kokuyocamlin watercolor tubes in pretty colors
- A mixing palette (I still haven’t dared to use it since that is not how I usually work. It feels more abstract and my art is usually more methodical. It will be a good push out of my comfort zone)
- A speciality floral paintbrush with an angled edge
- A palette knife that I have not yet dared to use
- Masking tape which I find it very helpful with the bookmarks that I make
- A floral badge designed by the artist of the month (I absolutely love collecting pin badges and this one is so pretty!!)
- A double sided magnetic bookmark featuring white cat cafe (I love magnets as you well know)
- Two sets of artist grade paper
- Floral art card
They have previously had a card making box and a calligraphy box which I missed ordering. This month they have a resin clock making kit which looks dreamy. I thoroughly enjoyed my first experience with The Duende Box and can’t wait to see what they come up with next
Have you subscribed to subscription boxes?
What are your favourites?
Tell me in the comments below or on my Instagram @the_food_and_book_life